If you are needing to get a 50 x 50 metal building, one of your first questions is going to be, “how much will it cost me?”
In this guide, we will give you a detailed answer to that question. We will tell you the approximate price range you can expect for A50 by 50 metal building as well as factors that can drive costs up or down.
What Can You Do With a 50 x 50 Metal Building?
Before you shop for a metal building, it might be wise to make sure that a 50 x 50 structure will fulfill your needs. Here is some of what you can do with a 50 by 50 metal building:
- Storage sheds
- Livestock sheds
- … and more
How Much is a 50 x 50 Steel Building?
The approximate cost for a 50 x 50 metal building is between $8-9 per square foot.
This usually puts it in a price range of $20,000-$23,000. Sometimes, a 50 x 50 metal building could cost a little more or less than that price range.
In fact, we have run into estimates as low as $16,000. So, if you shop around, you may be able to get a great deal.
Factors That Impact the Cost of a 50 x 50 Metal Building
You might be wondering what accounts for the difference in cost between 50 by 50 metal buildings at the lower end of the price range and those at the upper end of the price range.
- Type of metal building. You can either opt for a rigid frame design or a Quonset hut with an arch. Each of these types of structures is ideal for different purposes. The type of structure you choose will impact what you pay.
- Doors and windows. Adding more doors and windows to your metal building will make your purchase more expensive.
- Roofing options. Certain types of metal building roofs are pricier than others. For example, a standing seam metal roof costs significantly more than a standard screw-down roof.
- Insulation. Thicker and higher quality insulation is more expensive than thinner and lower quality insulation. Keep in mind, however, that paying extra for your insulation can end up paying for itself over time through savings on your heating and cooling costs.
- Other finishing and accessories. Along with doors and windows, you might choose additional accessories or building elements that could add to the cost of your structure. Your finishing options will affect your costs as well.
- The company you work with. Some manufacturers are more affordable than others in general. Getting quotes from multiple metal building companies can end up saving you thousands of dollars.
- Metal costs at the time you order. The price of steel goes up and down, so depending on the timing of your order, it could be more or less expensive to build your 50 x 50 metal structure.
- Delivery fees. Do not forget to account for how much it will cost to have the structure delivered to you. The distance between your location and the factory will affect delivery costs, as will navigating any challenges along the way (i.e. mountainous terrain or water crossing).
- Setup fees. Finally, you will need to set up your building on the site. Doing this yourself may save you money. But you can also contract out to get the job done rapidly and professionally.
Get Your 50 x 50 Metal Building Quote Now
Now you have a better idea what it costs to build a 50 x 50 garage shop, home, warehouse, or other metal structures, and you know what factors can affect the pricing. Ready to shop for a 50 x 50 metal building now?
Common Sizes & Pricing
The popularity of 20×40 metal buildings has surged in recent…
A 40×75 metal building is a popular size for many…
Understanding Warehouse Construction Costs Warehouse construction costs can vary widely…
A 50×80 metal building offers a practical, versatile, and durable…
A 60×80 metal building offers an impressive 4,800 square feet…
A 30×50 metal building is an affordable way to gain…