How Much is a 50×100 Metal Building?
Thinking of building a 50’ x 100’ metal structure? Before you can move forward with your plans, you will need to be able to estimate the cost of a building measuring 5,000 square feet.
In this guide, you can find out the price range for 50 by 100 metal buildings as well as factors that influence pricing.
What is the Cost to Erect a 50×100 Metal Building?
We have seen a pretty wide range of cost estimates for 50×100 metal buildings depending on the manufacturer. For example:
- A popular eBay discount retailer has their rock bottom pricing at $18,400. They state that the “general price for a 50×100 kit ranges from $18,400 – $21,385.” They state that delivery distance is not included in that rate. We think this is not an accurate price for a quality product.
- When we look at Eversafe Buildings, we see pricing for 50×100 steel buildings ranging above $60,000.
- Sunward Steel Buildings writes, “A 50×100 metal building cost range is anywhere from $46,500 to $54,700* based on current steel material pricing. When calculating the steel building cost per square foot on a 50×100 steel building you can expect to pay a rate of anywhere between $9.30 and $10.95* per sq ft.”
So, at the low end, you can get a 50×100 metal building for as little as $18,400. At the upper end, you could pay more than $90,000.
The $46,500 to $54,700 range quoted by Sunward Steel Buildings may represent a more “average” estimate.
Estimating full costs for metal buildings can be a bit tricky. You will discover why later on in this post.
Common Uses For 50×100 Metal Buildings
5,000 square feet gives you a roomy interior that is ideal for a broad range of applications. Here are some common uses for 50×100 steel buildings:
- Manufacturing facilities
- Garages for multiple automobiles and/or boats
- Event centers
- Community centers
- Healthcare facilities
- Exercise studios
- … and more
Factors that Affect the Cost of a 50×100 Metal Building
Clearly, there is a huge difference between paying $18,400 for a metal building measuring 5,000 square feet and paying more than $90,000 for the same square footage. Where do the differences in pricing come in?
- Building style: When you are constructing a metal building, you can choose between rigid frame construction and a Quonset hut style featuring an arch shape. There are pricing differences between these two building styles, and each is ideal for different purposes.
- Doors and windows: The number of doors and windows included on a steel building, their sizes, and their locations can all influence the price you will pay.
- Siding and trim: Numerous options are available for the siding and trim to finish a metal building. The options you choose can impact the final cost.
- Climate features: Building in a location that is subject to harsh climate conditions? You might require a heavy-duty structure with added support. The metal might also need to be thicker than it would in a more temperate location. You will pay more for these climate features.
- Foundation type: The type of foundation you pick is another factor that will affect the price you pay for your metal building.
- Delivery costs: The cost of delivery may vary based on both the manufacturer you choose and the location where you need your metal building kit delivered. You need to account for both your distance from the manufacturer’s factory and any challenges geographically in reaching your building site (i.e. if it is in a remote location with mountain roads, it will cost more).
- Construction costs: Finally, you will need to erect the building at the site. Sometimes, the same company that manufacturers the building can handle this. Other times, you might need to contract out to a third party. In still other scenarios, you may be able to DIY your construction. Naturally, there can be significant cost variations depending on the route you go with.
Some metal building companies take an all-inclusive approach to their pricing. Indeed, one of those companies is Eversafe, the manufacturer with the 50×100 metal buildings priced at more than $90,000.
That pricing includes not just the building itself along with its doors, but also basic finishing, delivery, and installation.
Other companies with lower price estimates may not always include everything above. So, you would need to tack on additional costs in order to figure out your full building cost.
One more thing to keep in mind is that even after your 5,000-square-foot metal building is constructed, you will still need to do the work to finish the interior.
You may need to incorporate plumbing, electrical, and additional features and utilities to make your structure liveable.
Those requirements will add further to the costs of your metal structure.
Get Your 50×100 Metal Building Kit Now
Whether you want to build a commercial steel structure or a 50×100 metal building with living quarters, you now have an idea what to expect with respect to pricing.
If you are ready to build your metal structure now, we work nationwide and can help you get wholesale pricing on your kit.
Common Sizes & Pricing
How Much Does a 30×100 Metal Building Cost?
A 30×100 metal building offers 3,000 square feet of interior…
How Much Does a 40×80 Metal Building Cost?
A 40×80 metal building spans a staggering 3,200 square feet,…
How Much Does a 60×120 Metal Building Cost?
A 60×120 metal building is one of the largest sizes…
How Much Does a 40×50 Metal Building Cost?
A 40×50 metal building offers substantial space, large enough for…
How Much Does a 30×60 Metal Building Cost?
If you’re considering adding a 30×60 metal building to your…
How Much Does a 30×30 Metal Building Cost?
A 30×30 metal building offers you 900 square feet of…