Mueller Buildings has been a leader in the steel buildings industry for over 85 years now.
Originally started by Robert Mueller, the company was acquired by the Burly Corporation in 1984. That helped increase growth and production of their high-quality sheet metal for all building types.
Mueller has prided itself on offering a personal service that meets the needs of their customers.
When it comes to steel companies, a lot of brands outsource the production of their metal products.
Mueller has been able to stay a step ahead of the competition by offering in-house production of all of their metal products – made proudly in the USA.
Longevity and affordability are two key elements behind the company’s popularity. Every product is designed with a focus on ensuring that products last and that consumers can afford the buildings they need.
What Type Of Buildings Does Mueller Offer?
Mueller offers 26-gauge steel to produce materials that are 33% thicker than the industry standard. The thicker steel means that the metal is stronger and that the end product has greater durability than what competitors can offer.
The company’s products are Class 4 which allows them to be the most impact-resistant, according to the Institute for Business & Home Safety. The panels provided by Mueller are so durable that insurance companies in Texas offer a 35% discount on policies because of the quality of Mueller products.
Mueller’s products offer:
- High durability against hail, wind, rain and fire.
- Energy efficiency with a savings of about 50% for some users due to the sun’s heat being reflected away from the surface. The roofing material can be 100° cooler than an asphalt roof.
- Wind resistance, which is ideal for Texas’ tornado alley. The resistance is classified as a Class 4, which allows for the highest level of protection against cracks and splits.
The company offers products for:
- Community buildings
You’ll find options for garages, barndos, stores, sports centers, warehouses and one- or two-story houses.
When you browse through the company’s building options, you’ll find that they offer:
- Custom living spaces. These spaces are beautiful homes that are durable and easy to assemble. Custom trim options are offered, and the frame is bolt-together steel to offer the highest level of durability. A team of engineers and designers will work to meet your project specifications. On-site forklift delivery is also available for these homes.
- Agriculture buildings are available, and these include your barn and ranch buildings. You can customize everything from the window and door placement to the size of the barn.
- Kits are available under the company’s Standard Series Kit option which allow you to purchase a kit for barns, workshops and garages. These options do have pricing available. For the basic 24’ x 24’ x 10’ workshop, prices from $4,295 to $5,595 depending on how resistant to the wind the building is. You’ll also find multiple upgrade options available.
- Workshops are a key item with full customization. Workshops have been designed for fully functional ranches, and offer 26-gauge steel and custom trim options, too.
- Garages come with high-quality steel and a limited paint warranty of 30 years. Add doors, accessories or windows with the help of an engineering team that guides you through the entire building design process.
- Storage buildings are also available for everything from a small, simple storage unit to a large RV storage option.
- Commercial buildings can also be designed 100% in-house to offer maximum value, efficiency and flexibility. These buildings allow for an array of accessories and colors to be added as well as meet your size requirements. The company has created buildings for bus companies, churches, construction companies and even wineries.
Mueller’s metals make a world of difference in the quality of each building.
The company’s metals include:
- Purlins which run-to-length
- Pre-punched base channel and angles
- Square tubing
- Beam, including:
- Endwall columns
- Endwall rafters
- Endwall girts
- Anchor bolt templates
- Accessories, including roll-up doors
- Insulation which is 3” reinforced fiberglass with custom options available
- Fiberglass reinforced plastic panels
- Windows with self-framing windows that are 3’ or 6’ wide and 3’ tall
- Carbon steel self-drillers
All custom options will have their own pricing, and you will need to contact the company to understand how much your building will cost.
Our Favorite Mueller Steel Building | High Country Home Barndo
Mueller Buildings Pricing
If you don’t want something completely unique, kits are available for the following options:
- Backyard buildings
- Loafing sheds
- Privacy fencing
Kits offer the best pricing options upfront. All other buildings that require the help of the design and engineer team will have custom pricing. These prices are unable to be estimated without contacting the company and providing details about your building project.
Pricing that we are able to find on the company’s website include:
- Homestead Series
- Homestead 1500 starting at $29,995
- Homestead 1800 starting at $34,955
- Homestead 2400 starting at $42,995
- Standard Series
- 24’ x 24’ x 10’ workshop between $4,295 and $5,595
- 24’ x 30’ x 11’ garage between $6,195 and $6,695
- 30’ x 40’ x 12’ big workshop between $7,795 and $9,695
- 30’ x 50’ x 12’ small barn between $8,895 and $11,495
- 40’ x 50’ x 14’ big barn between $12,295 and $15,595
- 40’ x 60’ x 16’ big barn XL between $15,295 and $20,395
- Backyard Buildings
- 6’ x 9’ starting at $995
- 9’ x 12’ starting at $1,395
- 12’ x 15’ starting at $1,695
- 12’ x 21’ starting at $2,295
- 18’ x 21’ starting at $2,895
- 24’ x 24’ starting at $3,995
- 6’ x ‘9 starting at $1,595
- 9’ x 12’ starting at $2,095
- 12’ x 15’ starting at $2,995
- 12’ x 18’ starting at $3,495
- 12’x 21’ starting at $3,695
- 12’ x 20’ starting at $975
- 20’ x 20’ starting at $1,395
- 24’ x 24’ starting at $2,095
You’ll find that there are a lot of additional options for each building due to customizations.
The main difference in price in the standard series is how resistant the building is to wind.
If you’re in the middle of a rough Texas storm with winds that can be 120MPH or higher, you’ll want the most expensive building.
The key is to discuss all of this with the sales representative so that you can find a building that will be able to withstand your local weather conditions.
If you work with Mueller Buildings, you’ll find that they work closely with First Financial Bank. The two have an agreement to offer special loan options for consumers who do require a 10% down payment or proof of income.
You’ll be able to secure three main loan types:
- 12-month 0% interest
- 18-month 0% interest
- 36-month 5.99% interest
GreenSky also offers financing options of up to 103 months at a rate of 9.99% and a 0% rate if you pay off your debt in 12 months or less.
Mueller Inc. Service Area
Mueller is a Texas company with 33 branches primarily in Texas, but also in:
- New Mexico
The company serves customers in the:
- Central US
When working with Meuller, the company will help guide you through the purchase so that you are able to find the products best suited to your needs.
Warranties vary. You’ll find that the warranties for the Big Workshop are:
- 20-year limited for the roof
- 30-year limited for walls
- 30-year limited paint warranty
Warranties will vary from one kit to the next, so make sure that you inquire about the warranty before making your purchase.
Two main delivery options are available:
- Direct delivery. You can have the order delivered on a Mueller truck and on the exact day that you choose. This is the easiest delivery option and provides the most convenience for the buyer.
- Drop delivery. Mueller will ship multiple orders to customers, and your order will be on a truck with several others. You will not know the delivery day ahead of time, so you will not be able to be home at an exact time and day when the shipment arrives. The company will provide a delivery range for you.
You can also choose to pick up the order, but the customer is 100% responsible for securing the materials into the vehicle.
If you decide to cancel the order after the production has started, you will be charged a restocking fee.
Mueller Buildings Reviews
Mueller Buildings has a lot of reviews and has been around for over 80 years. When doing a bit of research on the company, I have found the following:
- A+ Business Bureau Rating
- 56,000 likes on Facebook
- Lots of video testimonials on the official site
Forums seem to be the best place to find reviews on the company, and one user claims that they’ve had the 30’ x 40’ building for over 13 years without an issue. The person also put up their own fishing cabin and says that Mueller is the only way to go.
In my decade in the industry, I have not been able to find any major complaints against the company’s buildings.
In fact, almost all people claim to be very happy with their buildings.
Giving Back In The Community
We often recommend for our readers in the southwest to price check any kit with Mueller prior to purchasing. A key reason for this is that we respect their build quality and warranty.
But, another important reason is that they are true leaders in their communities.
For over a decade now, they have donated a free building, construction services and time to a Texas non-profit organization each year as part of their Helping Hand Project.
Mueller buildings remains a leader in the metal building industry due to their quality control, great pricing and the fact that they manufacture all of their materials in-house to ensure the utmost in quality.