Kodiak Steel was founded in 1994 by Jerry and Mollie Koller. The company was established with the aim of providing affordable and durable housing solutions. Since then, Kodiak Steel Homes has grown to become one of the leading providers of steel frame kits in the United States.
Save Up To 33% On Your Kit
The company’s steel homes are built with a simple, bolt-together system that contractors and builders appreciate. Home buyers, on the other hand, enjoy the immediate benefits and long-term savings of residential steel construction. Kodiak Steel Homes have a variety of standard models to choose from, and their design team can also work with customers on custom designs to fit specific needs.
Kodiak is committed to providing quality homes that are built to last. The company believes that steel is the ideal material for constructing homes due to its strength and durability. Kodiak Steel Homes also place a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction. They work closely with their clients to ensure that their homes meet their specific needs and requirements.
With a range of customizable floor plans that can be tailored to suit the needs of their clients, the company also provides a range of energy-efficient options that can help to reduce energy costs. Their homes are designed to withstand extreme weather conditions, including hurricanes and tornadoes.
Design & Construction
Kodiak Steel Homes are designed and constructed with high-quality materials and expert craftsmanship to ensure durability and longevity. Here are some of the key features of their design and construction process.
Kodiak Steel Homes have several advantages over traditional homes. They are:
- Energy-efficient: Steel homes are highly energy-efficient, which means they require less energy to heat and cool. This, in turn, reduces the energy bills of homeowners.
- Durable: Steel homes are resistant to pests, fire, and natural disasters such as hurricanes and earthquakes.
- Low-maintenance: Steel homes require less maintenance compared to traditional homes. They do not rot, warp, or crack, which means they do not require frequent repairs.
- Quick to build: Steel homes are quick to build compared to traditional homes. This is because the materials used in construction are pre-engineered and pre-cut, which saves time and reduces construction costs.
Kodiak Steel Homes offer a wide range of customization options to suit the needs of different homeowners. They offer several floor plans, and homeowners can customize the interior and exterior of their homes to their liking. Some of the customization options include:
- Roof style: Kodiak Steel Homes offer several roof styles, including gable, hip, and mansard.
- Exterior finishes: Homeowners can choose from a wide range of exterior finishes, including brick, stucco, and stone.
- Interior finishes: Homeowners can choose from a wide range of interior finishes, including hardwood floors, granite countertops, and stainless steel appliances.
Kodiak Steel Homes use high-quality materials in their construction process. Some of the materials used include:
- Steel: Kodiak Steel Homes use high-quality steel in their construction process. The steel is pre-engineered and pre-cut, which ensures precision and reduces construction time.
- Insulation: Kodiak Steel Homes use high-quality insulation to ensure energy efficiency and comfort.
- Windows: Kodiak Steel Homes use energy-efficient windows that are designed to reduce heat loss and improve energy efficiency.
Kodiak Steel Build Process
Kodiak Steel Homes use a streamlined building process that ensures quality and efficiency. Here are the key steps in the building process:
- Site preparation: The site is prepared by clearing the land and leveling the ground.
- Foundation: The foundation is constructed using concrete.
- Framing: The steel frame is erected and secured to the foundation.
- Roofing: The roof is installed using high-quality roofing materials.
- Exterior finishes: The exterior finishes are installed, including windows and doors.
- Interior finishes: The interior finishes are installed, including insulation, drywall, and flooring.
- Final inspection: The home is inspected to ensure it meets all building codes and regulations.
Kodiak Steel Home Kits
Kodiak Steel Homes offers a variety of steel home kits that are durable, strong, and customizable. These homes are ideal for those who want a high-quality, low-maintenance, and energy-efficient home. Kodiak Steel Homes are designed to withstand hurricane-force winds, tornadoes, fires, and even earthquakes.
Lakeside Steel A-Frame House
The Lakeside Steel A-Frame House is a beautiful and unique home that is perfect for those who love the outdoors. This home features a spacious living area, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a loft. The A-frame design provides an open and airy feel, while the steel construction ensures the home is strong and durable. The Lakeside Steel A-Frame House is perfect for those who want a vacation home or a primary residence that is close to nature.
The Barndominium Duplex is a versatile and affordable home that is perfect for those who want a large, open living space. This home features a spacious living area, a kitchen, two bedrooms, and two bathrooms. The Barndominium Duplex is perfect for those who want a modern and stylish home that is easy to maintain. The steel construction ensures the home is strong and durable, while the open floor plan provides comfortable and functional living space.
In conclusion, Kodiak Steel Homes offers a variety of steel home kits that are strong, durable, and customizable. The Lakeside Steel A-Frame House and Barndominium Duplex are just two examples of the many homes that Kodiak Steel Homes offers. These homes are perfect for those who want a high-quality, low-maintenance, and energy-efficient home.
Kodiak Steel Homes has received a lot of positive feedback from satisfied customers. Here are a few testimonials:
- One customer wrote, “Thank you! We had a very large pine tree fall on our house during Hurricane Irene. We were expecting to see the tree on the ground…We were shocked to see it on our roof. We had no damage inside our house, including the drywall, and minimal damage to the roof. We just cannot imagine what we would be facing if this was a stick-built house.” (source)
- Another customer said, “We love our Kodiak Steel Home! It is so well-built and durable. We have had no issues with leaks or other problems that we had with our old stick-built home. Plus, it is so energy-efficient, which has saved us a lot of money on our utility bills.” (source)
- A third customer wrote, “We were hesitant to go with a steel home at first, but we are so glad we did. Our Kodiak Steel Home is beautiful and stylish, and it is also incredibly strong and durable. We feel safe and secure knowing that our home can withstand any type of weather.” (source)
Overall, customers are impressed with the quality and durability of Kodiak Steel Homes. They appreciate the energy efficiency and safety features of these homes, as well as their stylish design. If you are considering building a new home, a Kodiak Steel Home may be a great choice for you.
Kodiak Steel Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of Kodiak steel home kits?
Steel home kits offer several benefits, including durability, strength, and resistance to natural disasters. They are also energy-efficient and low-maintenance, making them an ideal choice for homeowners who want a long-lasting and cost-effective solution.
Are Kodiak steel homes stronger than wood homes?
Yes, steel homes are generally stronger than wood homes. Steel is a highly durable material that can withstand harsh weather conditions, such as high winds, heavy rain, and snow. Additionally, steel homes are resistant to pests, such as termites, which can cause significant damage to wood homes.
What is the durability of Kodiak steel homes?
Steel homes are highly durable and can last for decades with minimal maintenance. Unlike wood homes, steel homes are not susceptible to rot, mold, or insect damage, which can significantly reduce their lifespan. Additionally, steel homes are resistant to fire, which can provide added peace of mind for homeowners.
Are steel houses better than traditional homes?
Steel houses offer several advantages over traditional homes, including durability, strength, and resistance to natural disasters. They are also energy-efficient and low-maintenance, making them an ideal choice for homeowners who want a long-lasting and cost-effective solution.
Are steel homes resistant to natural disasters?
Yes, steel homes are highly resistant to natural disasters, such as hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes. Steel is a strong and durable material that can withstand high winds and heavy rain, which can cause significant damage to traditional homes. Additionally, steel homes are fire-resistant, which can provide added protection in areas prone to wildfires.
What is the cost of steel homes compared to traditional homes?
The cost of steel homes can vary depending on several factors, such as size, location, and design. However, steel homes are generally more affordable than traditional homes, as they require less maintenance and are more energy-efficient. Additionally, steel homes are often faster to build than traditional homes, which can save homeowners time and money.
In summary, steel homes offer several benefits, including durability, strength, and resistance to natural disasters. They are also energy-efficient and low-maintenance, making them an ideal choice for homeowners who want a long-lasting and cost-effective solution.