Founded in 2001, SteelCo aims to provide customers with the highest quality metal buildings. Their commitment to quality and attention helped the company develop a reputation for exceptionalism.
In 2010, the company built a local school in just five weeks. In 2018, they were awarded Best Small Business of the Month for August. SteelCo was also awarded Best of Newton, Best Contractor twice (2017 and 2019).
SteelCo has more than 65 years of combined experience in the metal buildings industry.
The SteelCo Difference and Process
SteelCo only works with manufacturers that are certified by AISC (American Institute of Steel Construction) and members of the Metal Building Manufacturers Association (MBMA). This gives customers peace of mind that their steel building was created by reputable and qualified professionals.
How Long Does the Process Take?
Although lead times can vary, it generally takes:
- 2 weeks to get drawings
- 6-8 weeks to deliver the building
SteelCo provides engineered stamped drawings that meet all local, state and federal codes. However, permits must be secured by the customer or a general contractor.
SteelCo buildings are DIY-friendly, and the company can walk customers through the entire process of erecting their buildings.
But they also offer turn-key services to make projects as simple and streamlined as possible. A full range of contracting services is available.
No matter the project or purpose, SteelCo can help bring your project to life.
Although SteelCo is headquartered in Convington, GA, they serve the entire nation. SteelCo buildings can be delivered anywhere in the U.S.
SteelCo offers a wide variety of metal buildings for virtually every purpose, including:
Custom Steel Barndominium Builders
Steel barndominiums add the versatility needed in today’s market, with unmatched strength, price savings and quick-to-build spaces. Designed to withstand extreme weather, these buildings offer several key benefits to the design process:
- Inexpensive building material, especially with the rise in lumber prices
- No risk of pest infestation
- Low-maintenance design concepts
When you work with SteelCo to create your barndo, you can customize the entire interior and enjoy commercial-grade steel, competitive pricing and a structure that can be used in a variety of applications. ]
A few of the many uses for a barndominium include:
Open floor plans, thanks to the lack of supports and load bearing walls, make these structure spacious with options to customize the structure’s height and width.
Speedy construction also includes beautiful exteriors that add curb appeal to all of your projects.
Metal Church Buildings
All across the country, places of worship are being erected using metal buildings. The benefit of SteelCo’s metal churches and worship centers offer churches the strength that they need to keep their congregation safe while offering the most affordable construction possible.
Metal church buildings offer:
- Quick construction, thanks to the prefabricated design, allows for churches to be complete in months rather than years.
- Due to the cheaper costs, it’s possible for churches to create spaces with more room for less cost. There are no load-bearing walls or supports encroaching on the interior space of the church. Congregations benefit from easier seating arrangements and more interior seating as a result.
- Upkeep costs are lower thanks to the strength and durability of steel. Churches don’t have to worry about wood rotting, nor do you have to worry about pests or warping. You can also forget about your yearly pest control costs.
- Since metal buildings are not flammable, they’re also cheaper to insure. Insurance companies do not take on the massive risk of fires occurring thanks to steel being non-flammable.
- Customization is easy and able to be done on a wide scale. Feel free to add massive windows, more doors or a second story. When your congregation grows and you bring more people closer to God, you can add additions to the space.
Facades can be added and facings to make the church warm and welcoming. When you want to save money on construction costs so that you can better help your community in need, it’s possible with metal churches and worship buildings.
Metal Warehouse Builders
SteelCo prefab warehouse buildings are ideal for commercial operations that require very large buildings. These buildings provide plenty of storage as well as ease of entry and exit for vehicles.
SteelCo’s metal warehouses offer many benefits, including:
- Clear Span Construction: Metal buildings allow for clear span construction, which means buildings can be erected without load bearing walls or columns. Clear span buildings can be as wide as 250 feet and provide completely wide-open space.
- Customizable: SteelCo buildings are available in standard sizes, but you can also customize your building. Custom sizes and options are available to meet your individual needs.
- Cost-Effective: Prefab metal warehouses are a cost-effective option because the building is prefabricated in a facility and erecting the building requires less labor.
- Environmentally-Friendly: Steel is an environmentally-friendly material. Steel is completely recyclable. It can be smelted down and reused time and time again.
- Sturdy and Safe: Steel buildings can withstand high winds and snow. SteelCo’s structures meet or exceed building codes in every state. Steel is also fire-resistant, making it a great option for warehouses.
- Easy Maintenance: Unlike wood structures, steel buildings are not affected by mold or mildew. They won’t rot away or fall prey to termites. Galvanized or commercial-grade steel does not rust. SteelCo’s buildings have a 25-year guarantee.
Steelco Design Options
SteelCo offers customers a number of options when designing their metal buildings, including:
- PVDF Cool Coatings: A two-coat system that offers fade-resistant color, environmentally-friendly technology and durability.
- SP Cool Coatings: Silicone-polyester paint with a two-coat system for extra durability.
- Roof/Wall Panel: Also known as a screw down panel, this option offers a strong but attractive panel option. It’s commonly used for community, commercial and industrial applications.
- “A” Wall Panel: Adds a decorative look to walls.
- Reverse Wall Panel: Can compress up to 4” of insulation into walls without bulging.
- Insulated Wall Panel: Provides a higher quality appearance and added benefit of insulation.
- Modular Rigid Frame
- Rigid Frame/Clear Span
- Tapered Beam
- Single Slope
SteelCo brings decades of experience and quality craftsmanship to the table. They offer a wide range of building options for virtually any application and purpose.
For more information please visit https://www.steelcobuildings.com/